Confused by two or more common words that have different meanings but are used in the same sentence?
Take a look at how the following sentences can be rewritten using different words:
1. The insurance was invalid for the invalid.
2. Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.
3. The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
4. She shed a tear when she saw a tear in her favourite skirt.
5. The couple had a row over which row of seats to choose.
1. The insurance was void for the disabled.
2. Since there is no time like now, he thought it was time to offer the gift.
3. The dump was so full that it had to reject more garbage.
4. She cried when she saw a rip in her favourite skirt.
5. The couple quarrelled over which line of seats to choose.
What do you think? Do you have other ways of rephrasing the above sentences?